Time to answer the polling question!
See it over there to the right? ------------------->>
Poll ends in ONE WEEK! (and a random voter might just receive a prize)
type your name in the comment box at the end of the post to enter.
We're goin' simple today, friends... crock pot! Cause somedays you just need ease and the crock pot becomes your best friend. I like to vent to mine. :)
- 2 chicken breasts, frozen or thawed
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- stir fry oil for drizzling
- 3 Tablespoons peanut butter, we used crunchy but either will do
- 1/4 cup red curry sauce, we used Trader Joe's and it was awesome
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth, ours was from homemade soup, that's why it looks so funny
- 1 heaping teaspoon lime zest
- juice from a whole lime
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons minced ginger, fresh or jarred
- bamboo shoots (optional)
- bean sprouts (optional)
- crushed peanuts (optional)
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- white rice for serving
Drizzle stir fry oil in the bottom of your crock pot. Toss in the carrots and onions and top with the chicken breasts.
Pour the mixture over the chicken and put the lid on your crock pot. Set it to low heat for 6 hours and roughly half way through, take a big spoon to the chicken breasts and break them up a bit so the flavor gets all the way melded.
Serve it over a bed of white rice and top with bean sprouts, crushed red pepper flakes and peanuts. Use chopsticks. ;) ALSO, use the left overs again... toss all the leftovers into a wok with a little more stir fry oil, some fresh garlic and toss with more fresh carrots AND GREEN BEANS. Add in a little more soy sauce and a few dashes of oyster sauce if you've got it. SUCH a good use of your leftovers and it tastes like a completely different meal.
What's everybody doing for VALENTINE'S DAY?!