- 2 & 1/2 blocks (8 oz. blocks) cream cheese
- heaping 1/2 cup (4 oz.) pumpkin
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/2 cup pumpkin cookies, crumbled/crushed (alternately use vanilla wafers)
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup dark or regular cocoa
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Make the crust first. In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients really well until it forms a black crumbly paste. Press it into the bottom of your spring form pan that's LOCKED AND READY TO GO. Set aside and preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
Melt your two cups of chocolate chips in 30 second intervals, stirring after each one assuring the chocolate doesn't burn. Mix in the sweetened condensed milk.
In a separate, larger bowl, combine the cream cheese and pumpkin with an electric mixer, then add in the chocolate mixture and blend well.
Add in the eggs and vanilla and beat until creamy... yes you'll have little cream cheese, pumpkin lumps and that's okay, it actually make the cheesecake really pretty when you slice into it.
Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes, or until the top gets a little cracked and puffed! Let it cool in the fridge for a few hours before serving!