Here's what you need:... but remember, play around with the ingredients if you don't have all the same stuff!
- Enough old-ish wheat or grainy bread chunks to fill up an 8x8 baking dish. I used two different breads.
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 spring onion with the green stalks... yes, you're gonna use those!
- 1 & 1/2 cups milk... I used almond, as usual, but use whatever you want.
- 4 eggs, beaten.
- 1 handful of haricot verts, frozen or fresh.
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- some sweet corn!
- some sweet peas!
- 1/4 cup gorgonzola cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Right! Let's start... Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, drizzle some olive oil on the bottom of your 8x8 baking dish and chunk up the bread pieces. Throw them in!
Now start adding your other veggies to the onions and gently stir.
While the veggies are cooking, crack your eggs in a separate, small bowl and whisk them until blended.avgolemono, remember? ;)
Remember: if you don't have gorgonzola, use feta! if you don't have feta, use goat's! etc.. etc...
Lots and lots of love... and stay warm wherever you are!
I hear bread pudding helps. ;)